Using the Search Optimization features of the Tools module
The Search Optimization tab of the Tools module provides you with information and tools you can use to optimize the website so that search engines can locate and index your content. The guidelines are ranked in order of importance, and it is important to understand that the main goal of getting listed and ranked well in search engines is to help attract the visitors you want to your website.
You should also note that it may take several months for search engines like Google to index the content of your website, and each change or addition to the site may take time before it appears in search engine results.
In the Search Optimization tab, you can:
- Review information about creating relevant content from the Relevant Content section
- Enter a title for your website that will appear at the top of your browser window in the Site Title section.
- Monitor and add site keywords from the Keyword Check section.
- Review who is linking to your site, and what content they are linking to, from the Who Links to Your Website section
- Review information on not including content that search engines may consider spam in the Website Spam Notes section.
- Register your website to the appropriate search engine index in the Register Website section.
- Review and edit robots.txt file information in the Robots and Spiders section.
- Enter meta descriptions and meta keywords in the Meta Tags section.
- Review information about including ALT text for image tags in the ALT Tag Checker section.
Once you have finished reviewing and completing the basic search engine optimization steps, be sure to frequently check your rankings and searches in the appropriate search engines.