2018 Midyear Review: Accrisoft's Top 5 JCC WebsitesThursday, August 30, 2018
As we approach the end of summer, we’ve rounded up 5 of our most recent JCC websites for review! These beautiful websites incorporate storytelling, large high quality images, typography, and interactions and animations to create modern, user friendly sites.
Without further ado, here are our top 5 picks!
1. NEW ORLEANS JCC
We consider this the gold standard of JCC sites. Visually stunning with a large homepage slideshow and dynamic color scheme, this website is super intuitive and interactive with its fixed-menu navigation and animations.
2. OSHER MARIN JCC
There is much to discover on the Osher Marin JCC’s site. The revolving “J Stories” slider on the homepage showcases how the J has positively impacted so many families and individuals. On every page, the user can dive into the J’s main points of attractions through visually captivating links.
3. JCC OF GREATER KANSAS CITY
This JCC boasts a clean homepage design with a simple color scheme. Highlights include a large homepage image slider, social media links that present themselves as the user scrolls down, a menu item with quicklinks, events calendar, and more.
4. EVELYN RUBENSTEIN JCC OF HOUSTON
Intuitive and colorful, this website is one exciting place to visit. You can find information on aquatics, arts & culture, children & family programs, community engagement opportunities, and more all on a fixed-menu. The diverse content and inspiring images are sure to captivate any audience.
5. BOULDER JCC
The Boulder JCC’s website utilizes many of the elements mentioned above. The broken grid layout on the homepage and the use of white space really make this design stand out from the rest.
So what do they have in common?
You might have noticed certain trends or themes throughout. We’ve identified a few JCC 2018 web trends below:
- Large, high definition images displayed on the homepage promoting the J.
- A well organized homepage through the use of fixed-menu navigation, visual tiles linking to key information, events calendar, etc.
- Good use of storytelling by utilizing videography, long-pages, testimonials, and inspiring images to evoke emotion.
- Calls to action prompting the user to Contact Us, Donate, Newsletter Sign Up, and more.
- Simple or minimalist color patterns, web layouts, and designs.
Implementing some of these trends will help your JCC stay up to speed in 2018 and going into 2019! If you know of any more amazing JCC websites, please feel free to share them in the comments section below!