How to Write a Grant Proposal for your Nonprofit WebsiteWednesday, December 7, 2016
Website Redesign Guide for Nonprofits, Part 4
If you have found a grant to apply for that will fund your nonprofit’s website design, but have never written a grant before or you are just looking to step-up your grant-writing game – you have come to the right place.
We will strip away all of the fluff of writing a grant proposal, and the simple guideline outlined below will help you craft persuasive and compelling grant proposals.
It really is a guideline we were taught early on, but for some reason forgot. All you need are the six elements to story writing:
Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How.
Useful in all forms of communication within an organization, this guideline will not only help you write a solid grant application but will keep you organized and focused on your goals throughout the entire grant seeking process.
Before you sit down to write, outline your reasoning or explanation behind each question posed above. If you can’t convince yourself that your goals matter, you won’t be able to convince anyone else.
So take some time to thoughtfully answer, in no particular order...
- Who is your organization and what is your mission?
- What do need that will help you accomplish you mission? Hint: a new website!
- How will a new website help accomplish your organization’s mission?
- Why is your mission and need for a new website important in the first place?
- When do you anticipate you will start to see results?
- Where is your organization and where will the project impact people the most?
Once you have answered each element with confident and thorough responses, writing the application will be a breeze.
Looking for more tips on how to write a grant that will lock down funding for your organization’s web design? We have created a free ebook that teaches you how to effectively approach your grant writing from beginning to end.
Ebook: How to Write a Grant for Your Nonprofit’s Website
In the fourth ebook of the Website Redesign Guide for Nonprofits, we guide you through each step of the grant process including:
- Building relationships with grantmakers
- Grant proposal preparation
- In depth review of “the six elements”
- The importance of telling a story
- Follow-up and reporting
Write a grant for your nonprofit’s website that funders can’t say NO to. Download the ebook today!