Simplify Your Workload: Create a Project WorkspaceWednesday, October 8, 2014
When you’re running your web development business, there’s a good chance that most of your projects follow a very similar timeline. You need to sign a contract, collect payment, meet with your client, get the materials and feedback necessary to start working… the list goes on. You’ve probably adjusted to a routine, but you have to juggle countless tasks as you’re working with clients.
You can make it easier to handle your tasks and priorities by creating a projects workspace. The Projects module in Accrisoft Freedom simplifies this process in several ways:
- The Templates tab allows you to outline the structure of your projects. By making a list of all the tasks that are required to complete each project, you can dive right in without having to think about where to start.
- When you launch a new project in the Projects tab, you can easily apply a Template to import your to-do list. Then, you can add new to-do items as the project progresses and evolves.
- If you’re working with a team, you can assign to-do items so each contributor knows exactly what their responsibilities are. This eliminates overlap and increases productivity, which means your project will wrap more quickly.
- You can set deadlines for each to-do list item to keep the project on track. The module syncs with Google Calendar, so you can plan your days around the project tasks you need to complete.
- The Messages tab allows team members to collaborate within the software so you can discuss tasks, updates, and issues while reviewing the project details in real time.
If you have multiple projects going on at once, it can be difficult to keep track of where you are in the process — and what you need from your clients. By tracking the progress of each individual project, you’ll make sure that nothing falls through the cracks. The Projects module keeps you organized, and keeps you looking professional in front of your clients.
The Projects module works alongside several other modules — including Membership and Email Marketing — to simplify the manual work required to run your business. We’ll talk more about those modules later, but in the meantime you can learn more about Projects in our forum.